Monday, September 6, 2010

Complications

We must make our lives as complicated as possible.  I just bought a new cell phone, my first "smart" phone...an LG Rumor Touch.  I should have just changed my number...new phone, new number.  But no, I had to make a complication.  I wanted my old phone number so that I wouldn't have to change it with all three of my contacts.  Because of my laziness, now I have to wait until AT&T releases my old phone number so that VirginMobile can get it.  So now I'm carrying around two cell phones, complication number 2. 

We are putting in an invisible dog fence.  Complication number 3.  We have our own wire, because I married a wire and cable guru (complication number 572, just joking honey).  However, all of the fencing kits come with wire.  So now complication number 4 is finding a kit with no wire, or buying a receiver and collar separately, in order to save money.

Our dog has a bit of irritable bowel syndrome and needs daily doses of Acidophilus and a bland diet, complication number 5.  Complication number 6 is when you boil hamburger meat in a pot of water and don't watch it closely, it overboils fat all over the stove.  Complication 7 comes when you have to scrap off the cooled fat with a razor blade.

Complication number 8 comes in the form of taking several trips to the supermarket because you keep forgetting the one vital ingredient in the dinner that you are making.

In all, I guess some complications we bring upon ourselves are necessary and then others are bonuses.  I should listen to my mother more when she says, "Why do you want to complicate your life more?  I'm never getting a cell phone."  I can't help it Mom, I'm a complicated person.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment