Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tasks for the New Year

Finally, the end of 2010.  What a year...what a crappy year.  Hopefully, 2011 will make its mark as a good year.  I have made some goals for the new year.  Of course, I would like to lose weight, but I'm putting that one on the back burner for now.  I've got some other fish to fry first.  Maybe I can just change my eating habits and exercise a little more, rather than try to go on a full-blown diet.  Everytime I try, I know I'm going to fail before I even have a chance to begin. 

My major goal for this year is to first potty train Michael.  I began this process just after Christmas, with some successes.  We've had some accidents and some on-purposes, but on the whole, its coming along.  Maybe with all of the trips up and down the stairs to clean the potty, I will start to lose some of the weight. 

Once the potty training is well underway, I will be registering my son for preschool.  He needs socialization and Mommy needs to get out of the house.  I think I need the socialization more than he does.  I'm not so sure that I can play well with others, its been a long time.

In the midst of this, I also have a baby shower that I am planning for a certain preggo (you know who you are!).  This is going well so far, but is on hold right now until we know whether this new bundle is a boy or a girl.  We've got the location, the menu, and I've picked out the invitations, we'll just have to wait to know if those are pink or blue. 

In there also I have to do the taxes, and this year I may actually try to file electronically.  That is my goal, tax-wise...to make the leap into the 21st century and file my returns electronically.  We'll see how that process goes.  In any case, I'll probably get ideas for more blogs.

Also this year, I plan to hopefully make my first out of country travel plans.  I finally did receive my passport, with much tribulation (but that's a story for another blog).  It will be a short trip, because I don't think I can leave my kids for more than three or four days tops.  Even though most days I feel like a nutjob, I still miss them when they are not around me.  But its England or bust!

Okay, so that takes care of the goals for January, February, March and April.  I don't think I have anything planned for May yet, but its still early.  Maybe a nice girl's day with my mother and my sister?? HINT, HINT!  Maybe something in the shade of dinner and Crate and Barrel?  Or perhaps a trip to Yankee Candle? 

June is already a nightmare and its still six months away.  Out of all the months in the year, this one holds the most birthdays, anniversaries, and parties.  We have, I think, five birthdays in June, with another one still to be determined.  We have three anniversaries.  I don't think anyone is graduating this year, and we have Father's Day. 

July and August hold some weddings and our ninth wedding anniversary.  Nine years...feels like thirty!  Just joking, dear.  Then we'll be getting ready for the start of another school year, when not one, but two children get to ride the big yellow bus to school!  By this time, hopefully, I will have found a job, because I cannot wait to go back to work.  I have been looking forward to it for a long time.  I just hope there are jobs available when I am finally able to start looking.  A few more months to go!

Crap, there goes September, bringing us to the start of the holiday season.  October, November, and December, the nightmare months.  And then the end of the year.  Wow, that was fast.  Time flies when you're having...fun? 

No comments:

Post a Comment